The Amazon Kindle
On the day where Amazon have dedicated virtually their entire homepage in homage to the latest version of it’s Kindle device, I thought it is perhaps appropriate to draw attention to this impressive piece of hardware. No doubt Apple’s iPhone and iPad have turned up the heat on Amazon’s development of the Kindle, and as such the new release comes with a host of new features:
- Enormous battery life of 1 month
- High contrast screen (50% better than other E-readers according to Amazon)
- Lighter, slimmer design
- Built in WiFi – download books within a minute!
- Huge storage capacity (Amazon reckons 3,500 books (though no-one should be reading that much!))
- Re-download for free anytime
- No-glare screen
Certainly, designed as a unit that is made for reading books, this is definitely the better choice of hardware for e-book reading, and it really is great-looking. I’m never shy in praising Amazon for their fantastic ecommerce website design, and I also have no problem praising their Kindle device. Especially due to its fairly reasonable price of just £109 for the WiFi enabled version. Looks like Amazon have re-kindled the e-book flame! Sorry, and thanks for reading the Magento Blog.